Prospective Prospecting or Hang Around Period
The Prospective Prospect in Black Sabbath 'speak' may be considered a "hang around" period by other MC's. Time spent as a Prospective Prospect is just a honeymoon. You are not a member or representative of the club and neither you or the club has a claim on each other. It is a time when you size up the Black Sabbath and ask yourself if we are what you want. It is also a time when we are sizing you up and asking ourselves if you are what the Black Sabbath MC wants.
Prospecting For The Black Sabbath Motorcycle Club
In order to become a Black Sabbath MC Nation prospect, candidates must have a valid driver's license, a motorcycle, cruiser over 750cc, crotch rocket over 600cc and have verifiable source of legal revenue. The candidate must possess the right combination of personal qualities to ensure a good fit within the chapter and the MC nation and be willing to pledge allegiance to the Black Sabbath MC's bylaws. Because it is a law abiding 99%er MC police, firemen, military, trades and professions are all welcomed.[
When you finish your prospecting period you will be able to answer every question on this qualification card. You will have all of the requisite knowledge necessary to begin your career as a fully pat
Black Sabbath Qual Card 9_25_12.pdf
Adobe Acrobat document [286.6 KB]
Answers to the Prospect Knowledge Test & Qualification Card
Purpose of Probation / Prospecting
Prospecting is not an initiation as you would find in a fraternity or sorrority. It is instead a period of time (usually 90 days but can be much longer The prospect period will be no less than 90 days but could last years depending upon the attitude and tumidity of the prospect. National President Black Dragon prospected for nearly 5 years before he was accepted) that is sustained until the person, in every sense, conducts themselves with the respect that is mandated to be a Patchholder of the Mighty Black Sabbath MC Nation. It's a time in which:
Your attitude is conditioned so that you display a sense of responsibility and respect toward the patch holders of the Black Sabbath, without which you would not develop a sense of respect for the group.
- You are educated in basic MC protocol and etiquette.
- You are educated in how to ride in the Black Sabbath MC Nation pack and make us, at all times, look good.
- You are given time to develop the habits that are basic to good security and good communications within the club.
- You get into the habit of participating in the club activities, sharing, being part of a team, taking the "I" out of your vocabulary and inserting the "WE" and reforming your stingy ways so that you become an irreplacable part of the team!
- You become accustomed to trusting the judgment, at times blindly, of those patch holders who will someday be your brothers and to whom you may one day depend upon to save, or whom you may one day owe your life.
- You develop life long, valuable and meaningful relationships with EVERY member of your Black Sabbath chapter. You won't be invited into the Black Sabbath unless every member votes yes so this is your time to get to know every member and convince them that you are worthy of the patch they love and cherish.
The list could go on but the point here is to demonstrate that probationary period has definite objectives and that you will go nowhere in the club if are not aware of this and don't not apply yourself to those ends. It's not possible to make a complete checklist of what is expected from a person in all cases. There isn't any formula for success, but the key is maintaining a positive mental ATTITUDE AND RESPECTING others. Everything else you need to know can be learned in time, but a good attitude, manners, decency, trust-worthiness and loyalty comes from the heart. These are things no one can teach you and the prospecting period will let others see if you are worthy of the time and effort it takes to make you a member of the Mighty Black Sabbath Nation.